Tuesday, May 10, 2005

HOOKED is no longer a Quickie. With only 115 words to go before reaching EC's guidelines for a novella, I'm having another go at it and pushing it to the longer length. Wasn't a hard decision to reach...when I went to fill out the cover request and got to the question about the hero's appearance, I couldn't remember if Jim had blonde hair or brown. And what color were his eyes? I didn't have the foggiest.

Now, if the author can't remember the basic physical characteristics of her hero, how on earth does she expect her readers to remember? "More visual detail" is the mantra my editor hammers at me...and with good reason. So tonight, I shall be rereading it with an eye towards throwing in key phrases to give the readers a great visual image of hero and heroine.

Sooner or later, I'll stop tinkering with this story!

Play safe,
Diana

No comments: