Monday, May 09, 2005

Have been working on the edits for HOOKED all week. I sent off one version to my editor...she sent it back saying the sex needed to be hotter. At the moment, it would get an "S" rating, not the more coveted "E" (for Erotic) one. So I figured, no problem...just have them play a little more, right?

I love it when my characters understand there's another whole level to a scene that I didn't even realize was there. Jim, the male protagonist, finally shouted it in my ear: "This scene is about sensation, idiot! Where are all the wonderful sensations I can put Tania through? Would you just write them in please???"

And like the obedient writer I am...I'm giving the Dom what he asks for...

Of course, now we're skirting the novella length instead of EC's guidelines for a Quickie....

Back to work for me...need to give that Dom something to do with his hands....

Diana

No comments: