Saturday, April 16, 2005

What a difference 6 weeks makes! The weather here is sunny and should hit 70 today. Already I've transplanted some plants and raked off the garden this morning. Now I'm settling in to spend a quiet afternoon with my imagination.

HOOKED is a new story that is currently in its second round of edits. It's a short story...but sometimes those are the most fun...hot sex served quickly! Won't give too many teasers just yet...let's just say I had fun playing around the various uses of the word that serves as the title (to HOOK a man, to be HOOKED on something, a HOOKER, to come unHOOKED...you get the point...).

I've been so busy writing, I have neglected this blog once again...my many apologies. I really need to do something about that. I've written a plus-length novel that is also in edits and that's taken up most of my time. The working title for that one is CABIN FEVER. One of the most challenging novels I've ever written because there are only two characters throughout 95% of the book. The primary focus of the story explores their relationship as it grows and then falls apart (don't worry, it does have a happy ending).

Of course, these two created themselves as do all my characters. Although I start with a basic framework, by the time I'm finished, the story is often completely different. As the characters come to life on the page, they begin to tell the story in their words. I might give them life, but they give themselves depth and personality.

Over the course of the next week, I will be gearing up for the Romantic Times Convention in St. Louis. I hope to see you all there!

No comments: