Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NaNoWriMo anyone?

I know today's supposed to be a writing workshop, but I also know several of you are participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). This great write-in, if you will, is held every November and every November I say I'm going to participate. Then grades are due and I get busy correcting senior papers and, well...let's just say November is not a good writing month for me.

But many of you ARE writing fast and furiously this month and let me offer some words of encouragement: keep writing! What are you doing here, reading this blog when you should be writing? At this point you should be almost halfway done - are you?

Okay, so that's not much encouragement. It IS however, the truth. During this month you really don't have time to spend honing your craft, you're too busy writing a novel. And that's okay. There comes a time in every writer's life when it's time to set all else aside and simply concentrate on writing a coherent story. Or incoherent story. This month, it doesn't really matter. You're just writing. Editing comes in December.

So get back to your manuscript and keep those words flowing! I may not be able to participate, but I can cheerlead with the best of 'em.

Love you all, glad you stopped by...now go write!

Diana
:)

No comments: