Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Writing tools -- new toys!

Thanks to the good folks over at Wondermark (a fun webcomic...if you're not following, you should be!), I found Tagxedo, you can make pictures with words. Just paste in the URL, twitter feed or other text and voila! A great new way to look at what you write. To the left is a picture of this blog.



I've used Wordle before and found it to be a great tool for determining which words I use more frequently than others. To the right is the same URL for this blog, but notice it's picked up on different words.

Both tools are fun to use and can be useful to a writer in finding habit words. Or use it to compare two different drafts of the same short story. Just cut and paste your text into the sites and see what happens!

Give it a shot and see what happens!

Play safe, Diana

PS. Remember, I am a writer first. Feel free to donate and keep me out of the attic garret!




">

No comments: