Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've been a little quiet here, of late...you may be asking why. I do have reasons!

In the past two weeks, I've managed to complete and send to my editor not one, not two, but THREE stories...two novellas and a Quickie. Yes, I know, I haven't had a new release since October, 2005 (that was seven months ago -- an eternity in reader's minds), but I really have been working!

Two of the three are now in edits (one novella and the Quickie). It's my hope that I can get the Quickie turned around quickly and out by the end of July-ish. Don't quote me on that...in my little world, however, everything goes smoothly and there are no glitches or emergencies that take me away from writing.

Not that the Romantic Times conference that starts today (I'll arrive there tomorrow afternoon) is a glitch or an emergency! It will take me away from writing, but to be honest, I'll welcome the chance to recharge my batteries and meet friendly faces. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones...and getting my picture with a model or two!

No, I'm not releasing titles just yet. :) Not trying to be a tease, but I want these babies done before I celebrate. I will tell you one of the novellas definitely comes out in November and is a part of the Winter Studs stories that Ruth Kerce, Ruby Storm and I have put together for you. But the other two? I'll announce those in a few weeks...after I've finished edits. And I'll include excerpts then, too!

(Yes, I know that those of you who are determined will do a little detective work and figure out which stories are forthcoming...solving a little mystery is a good way to keep the mind young! Go ahead and post your guesses here. First one to get either story's title correct will win a small prize. Chocolate is always good. LOL)

If I can get a good Internet connection at the hotel in Daytona Beach, you can count on posts to keep you up-to-date on all the doings. My plane leaves home at 6:05 AM (yes, that means I need to be to the airport between 4-4:30 in the morning) with a layover in Atlanta. I should get to Daytona around 11:00 am and to the hotel shortly after that.

For those who are already there...make room at the bar!
For those who are coming...see you soon!
For those who will not be there...I'll send reports as often as I can!

Play safe,
Diana

No comments: