Sunday, May 21, 2006

It’s hard to believe the RT convention is over. Well, over for me. It’s 12:08 am on Sunday morning and I have to be up at 5:30 to catch my flight home. Yes, 5:30 in the morning.

I’d like to send a very big hello to Robin! She’s been reading my books and is my biggest fan. Tonight we got out on the dance floor and cut the rug some, let me tell you! Robin, you are the greatest!

I’ve met so many wonderful people that to list them would create a post longer than my arm! But special hellos must also be given to Sunny, Deborah and Kendra…it was so much fun meeting each one of you!

And a special congratulations to our own Rodney Chatman…the new Mr. Romance! I’m so proud of him!! If you’ve never had the opportunity to meet him, let me tell you…he’s the nicest, politest, sweetest man you’ll ever meet. And, of course, he’s gorgeous. And I can say, “I knew him when!” Congratulations, Rodney!

This has been the best RT ever…okay, the best of the three I’ve gone to. So many good things have happened this week. From the people I’ve met, to the awards won by authors and my very own cover model (Rodney’s on the cover of Tales from the Temple III, just in case you aren’t sure which one he is) to getting my hand slapped at the bookfair today by a woman who told me, “Secret Submission is the dirtiest book I’ve ever read.” Slap. “And I’ve read it several times.”

Things like that make my day. As a author, I tend to stay in my own little world, writing stories that haunt my thoughts. Sometimes I forget that people are actually out there reading them. Days like these past few make me realize my books touch people in ways I have never imagined. Thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences with me. You give me reason to keep writing.

Play safe,

Diana

No comments: