Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Great news! Just got word from my editor, Pam, that Diamond in the Snow is done! No more edits. So that one is now off to the proofers...and a load off my mind.

Why? Because I've already started on the next one. Actually, I had two stories started from last spring, both of which I set aside when the deadline for the Valentine's Anthology loomed before me. Then, while on vacation with my family, I started another. So many ideas, so little time!

I sent all three to my editor and told her I couldn't decide which one I wanted to take further. She read through them, told me the 'snowstorm' one and I was off. Wrote six pages today. I love it when the characters want to talk to each other. Conversation is the most fun thing to write above all else. In fact, I know I sometimes sacrifice description in favor of conversation...that's why I have an editor who constantly reminds me to "paint the scene."

Hmmm...need to find a title for the new story. It will be a full-length novel with tons of romance and sexual tension. As it gets going, I'll tell you more about it.

Till then,
play safe!

Diana

No comments: