Friday, November 11, 2011

The best laid plans of mice and men...


Yep, they’re awry all right. Because of my day job, I’ve had precious little time to write this week. But today is a day off and I planned to get a lot of writing done.

Yeah, right. This morning I finished off the scene I’d started and then… they all stopped talking. I’ve two sets of romantic lovers in this one and neither set wants to move the action forward. I’ve got a great villain and several minor characters who are all standing in the wings with their arms folded across their chests and pointing at everyone else in the group.

Grrr.

Last week I wrote just over 9000 words. This week I’m barely over 3000. Never going to hit my mark at this rate!

My header mentions stubborn characters. I can be just as stubborn back. I’m going shopping all day tomorrow with my daughter and won’t be back to the mss till Sunday. That’ll show ‘em!

Wait…

Play safe!
Diana

No comments: