Friday, May 27, 2011

I know, two posts in one week. Try not to faint :). But it seems things are happening all at once, so read on!

First up, if you are getting emails from diana@dianahunter.net that are trying to sell you penis enlargers or trips to Cancun, that are touting the health benefits of ginkgo or trying to set you up with a lovely woman from Russia...they are not from me. My email's been hacked and I'm in the process of setting up a new one and moving all my honest mail to the new address. The old email will be active for another few weeks while I sort things out. I apologize for the inconvenience and the spam in the meantime. :(

On the upside, yesterday I was named one of the first Book Island Laureates! Many of you know I've been active in Second Life since October 2006, giving live readings from my works, offering writing workshops, and managing several shops that promote my writings. Book Island is a spot that is home to many writers and over the years has hosted the first SL Book Fairs (modeled after the BEA just finishing in NYC), provided critique sessions, writing workshops, book talks and more. I've had a shop there since the start (with only a brief hiatus when funds ran short. Darn economy!) and have made many friends. I am humbled and honored to be named one of the first two laureates. I haven't stopped grinning for the past twenty-four hours!

Another piece of good news: I've been interviewed by Fallen Angels Review site...they're such a fun group of people there! A special thanks to Tammy who gave me some very cool questions to ponder. You can read more about Tales from the Ramayana and Love in the Afternoon there...as well as find out where I'd go to write my next novel if money was no barrier.

And lastly, I'm awaiting the latest edits for Services Rendered, my next full-length novel for Ellora's Cave. I've seen the cover and let me tell you...it fits the book perfectly. In fact, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite-ist covers of all! Just wait till you see it :).

Play safe everyone!
Diana

No comments: