Saturday, February 12, 2011

Six weeks into the new year and my reading list is growing! Figured I'll post once a month just to record the titles, but I won't really "review" each one like I did last year. I'm not a review site, after all. I'm just a writer who happens to like to read :). I'll post links to the books (mostly through Amazon) and the author's official webpages if you want to know more about them.

So far this year I've read two works by Chris Crutcher for my day job as a teacher. I've picked up a new course this term and both his autobiography, entitled King of the Mild Frontier (a reference those of us of a certain age should get) and Deadline, a story about a high school senior who has only one year to live. Crutcher's audience is really young adult males, not slightly-past-middle-age women, but I liked both for what they are and will have fun reading them with my classes.

I've also read Inkheart by Cornelia Funke and am halfway through Inkspell on my way to Inkdeath. If you saw the movie with Brendan Fraser, you've seen only part of the book. I enjoyed both and am very much enjoying the rest of the series.

Add to the list The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and you'll see I've already read four and a half books in six weeks. For some of you, that's pitiful, I know. But don't forget, I'm also writing them! SERVICES RENDERED is now finished and in edits and will be available for you to read before the end of the year (God willin' and the creek don't rise!).

Final note about author's websites: You really should visit them. I found out, for example, that Chris Crutcher is currently in India doing some fascinating things, Cornelia Funke's site has some great fan fiction, and Dan Brown's site is as mysterious as is books (and of the three, is the most beautiful).

Play safe!
Diana

No comments: