Sunday, February 23, 2020

Books for 2020 - part 1

Each year I start out with the best of intention: I'm going to keep track of all the books I read. Each year I get exactly the same result: 'round about summer, I get busy and forget to write down what I read while at the cabin or on vacation and then September comes and I start teaching and the whole list falls apart. I still read, I just forget to write them down.

What will make this year any different? Who knows? But I'm gonna give it my best shot - again.

So far this year I've been revisiting previously-read books. My son and I got into a really deep discussion about Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives series and he (my son) ran circles around me. I just couldn't remember the details. So, that massive three-book (so far) series, was first on my list. My husband began with Warbreaker, a different Sanderson book, so I re-read that one, too, so we could talk about it. Then he started the Mistborn series - he prefers listening to books, so it takes him longer than it takes me, but I started that series again as well.

To date, I've read (all by Brandon Sanderson)

The Way of Kings
Words of Radience
Oathbringer
Warbreaker
Mistborn; the Final Empire
The Well of Ascension
The Hero of the Ages
The Alloy of Law

...and several short stories out of Arcanum Unbounded (these are short pieces that didn't fit in the novels or were written for other purposes -sort of like deleted or extra scenes).

I am currently reading Shadows of Self and will be finishing with The Bands of Mourning, the rest of the Alloy of Law series.

And that brings me up-to-date. Not bad. 'Course, it's only Februrary...

Play safe!
Diana

No comments: