Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wrote the following to my newsletter and thought I'd post it here, too. This makes for an easier forum for replies -- and I do want to know what you think!

My apologies. I've been writing to the blog on a semi-regular basis, but haven't sent out a newsletter in FAR too long. I hope everyone's holidays and new year went well?

I've been busy on a new story that has had several false starts. Last night I finally had a breakthrough, but I'm not sure my fans are going to like it. The story (tentatively entitled "Services") follows Lauren and John as they meet, date, and fall in love. The problem is, neither of them seem to like their sex kinky!

I've been trying to force them into a scene that neither one of them wants to go. As a result, I haven't written a word on the piece in three weeks. Last night, in mulling over the problem, I realized I'm trying to control the characters too much. They're not interested in going where I want them to go...they have their own minds and want to go slower, to take their time in getting to know each other more, and then -- when they do have sex -- they want it to be slow and passionate with few (if any) toys.

So at the risk of alienating my readers who enjoy the hardcore BDSM, I think this one's going to be on the softer side. Tamer, quieter -- a sweet romance. Will you still love me if the next book I release isn't what you're used to? I really want to know what you think, so leave a comment!

I've a new blog post at the Scribe's, stop by and take a look. As always,

Play safe!

Diana

No comments: