Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It didn't really hit me until I went to update my webpage...a new year means a new page for the website. All the old announcements are relegated to an archived page, clearing the way for new news.

A while back I was feeling a bit depressed because I had only one book in the pipeline (off to the publishers) and the one I've been working on has been giving me some trouble. I expressed my frustrations to a friend and he asked me how many books I've published in the past year. I counted up and was amazed to discover I published four separate pieces in 2004. The year before that, I published only one. Still, in a year's time, I had written, rewritten and published five stories. Needless to say, I quit feeling sorry for myself.

Still, it's a challenge to keep up with all the stories running through my head clamoring for attention. I'd like to give them all their time in the spotlight, but can only deal with one piece at a time. For 2005 I have one release that came out today and another that's under consideration. Future pieces are still in my computer and in my head, with pages being written every day. As I look forward to the upcoming year, I have no idea how many pieces will see the light of the bookstore...but know I continue to write and continue to listen to the stories these wonderful characters love to tell.

No comments: